Wednesday, March 2, 2011

England - Ireland world cup cricket match a thriller


The match between England and Ireland on 2nd Feb 2011 in the preliminary group matches of the World cup cricket 2011 was an out and out thriller. It was sad that there were not enough spectators to enjoy the thriller.

When I tuned into the TV , Ireland were 123 for 5 and it looked like the team will get folded within 200 or 225 runs. Then something of a Tsunami by name of Kevin O Brien started attacking the Chinnaswamy stadium and the English players were running helter and skelter. Kevin O Brien struck at regular intervals sixes and fours all round the wicket . He scored his century in 50 balls. It was raw power at its best. The way the match raced towards the final target ( 328 runs) left everyone speechless . I was at the edge of my seat in the last three overs. I have never experienced such thrill and ecstasy in seeing the minnows of cricket humbling an established team.

One takeaway from the match for life as per me is the match is not over till you have not given up.”

2 comments:

  1. I could not watch the match,was preoccupied with shivaratri pooja,it was a real shocking news to read that Ireland who are toddlers in this type of cricket not only chased the target but they finally won the game hats of to kevin O brien,result like these will help to bring back some of the cricket lovers who have lost interest in the game for various reason

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wached this match very keenly. Younguster's should come like this in thrilling way for the best of their future. Of course this mach ended in a big shame for England. This is lesson for others also. What about Indian team which is really worrying in all angles. HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR INDIAN TEAM.
    Ydhyam KUMAR.

    ReplyDelete