Saturday, February 24, 2024

Happy Sunday morning on Commercial Street (Bengaluru) 25th Feb 24

 

Happy street concept which became popular in the last year was held in various locations in Bengaluru like Koramangala, Kalyan Nagar, Jayanagar, Whitefield and Malleswaram with great success.

People from all age groups hit the road and enjoy health and fitness activities.

You can wake up saying hello to Sunday morning with outdoor fun on your favorite street with no traffic.

The selected road will  have  traffic barred  from entry  between 6 to 9 AM, to turn the road available  for such activities like  walking, jogging, cycling, strolling around playing new and traditional  games.

Since I had heard about it, I decided to experience firsthand, the  Happy  street concept  on commercial  street ( city’s central  business hub)   on 25th  Feb  24.  

On 25th Feb 24 Sunday morning, I very reluctantly got up early.  The deficit of the week days sleep, I normally catch up on Sunday morning.  It required lot of inner energy to wake up.  Once I hit the road with my car, seeing the empty streets, cool surroundings   and the fresh air filling the lung space, I felt it was worthwhile and soothing to the body and soul.

My niece also accompanied me. We reached the commercial street somewhere around 7.00AM.

Some of the activities planned there was Zumba, yoga, meditation, Hula-hoop, Science experiments cycling, skateboarding, badminton, archery traditional games, pet shows, planting, pottery and live music.

We walked from one end of Commercial Street to the other end, soaking in all the surrounding early morning activities. We saw people from all age groups enjoying the Sunday morning. 

The experience was good and it was a small change from the routine life.  The more we are in open surroundings and nature, the more the body and mind relaxes. 

Ensure that on Sunday morning, you were your track suits and shoes and go out and meet the nature.  This can happen only when you sleep early on Saturdays, sacrificing the serials and rom-coms on Netflix and Amazon prime.

Some of the photos clicked are shown below.
































1 comment:

  1. I too have been observing this trend for quite a while in Bangalore. And it is exciting to see where it goes next.

    ReplyDelete